MS PowerPoint is a slide show representation program that represents text and photos. PowerPoint capable of creating, manipulating and presenting your thoughts into an impressively designed ways
Let’s discuss its operation:
- PowerPoint presentation consists of a number of individual pages or “slides”.
- The “slide” the analogy is a reference to the slide projector, a device that has become obsolete due to the use of PowerPoint and the presentation software.
- The Slide may contain text, graphic, movies and other objects, which may be arranged freely on the slide.
- PowerPoint, however, facilitates the use if a consist style in a presentation using a template or Slide master.
- The presentation can be printed or displayed live on a computer and navigated through at the command of the presenter.
New Features of Microsoft:
- Use new and improved picture editing tools-including versatile artistic effects and advanced color correction, and cropping tools-to fine-tune every picture in your presentation to look its absolute best.
- Add dynamic #D slide transitions and more realistic animation effects to grab your audience attention.
- Use new co-authoring capabilities to edit the same presentation, at the same time with people in a different location. You can even communicate as you work, directly from PowerPoint.
- Easily customize the improved Ribbon to make the commands you need most accessible. Create custom tabs or even communicate as you work, directly from PowerPoint.
- In Addition, PowerPoint 2010 enables you to work simultaneously with other people or post your presentation online and access it from virtually anywhere using the web or your smartphone.
- For larger audience the computer display is often projected using a video projection.
- Slides can also form the basis of webcasts
- Presentation can be saved and run in any of the file formats: the 2003 default .ppt (presentation) .pps (PowerPoint Show) or .POT(template). In Powerpoint 2007 and Mac OS X 2008 versions, The XML based file formats .pptx, .ppsx and potxhave been introduced, along with the macro-enables file-formats .pptm,.potm,.ppsm.
Components of a slide:
- Title: A descriptive heading identifying a slide.
- Subtitle: A descriptive message or brief description of a slide data. Subtitle emphasizes the slide’s central idea.
- Drawing objects: Drawing objects include auto shape (a group of ready-made shapes, curves, line word art, etc.
- Clipart and Pictures: Pictures and graphic available in the MS office suite.
- On-screen Presentation: By using the slide transactions, timing, movies, sound, animation, and hyperlinks, make a presentation exciting
- Web pages for web use: Broadcasting a presentation for a company meeting, presenting to remote groups or holding a team meeting over the web.
- Overhead Transparencies: Creating the presentation that the users on overhead transparencies from printing the slides.
Creating a new presentation:
- Auto content wizard: It is easy to use wizard that helps to create a presentation by leading through some basic questions.
- Design templates: It is set of predefined formats or text or color schemes applicable to a presentation.
- Sample presentation: It is a set of sample slides with some text and outlines that give you suggestions about the context of your presentation.
- Blank presentation: If you are sure of the layout and contents of your presentation, you create a new presentation from scratch.