In competitive exams, the Reasoning test Portion is intended only to assess your presence of mind. Your ability to analyze, understand, and reason out some perplexing logics that wants your full concentration. Brisk reading, analyzing given facts, and puzzling out the problem by a given set of information acutely are the best ways to clear this portion of the exam. The reasoning test is broadly classified into two categories:
- Verbal reasoning
- Non-verbal reasoning
Verbal reasoning tests are resolved on the basis of words, sentences, and sounds that are written in some pattern to convey some meaning. On the other hand non-verbal test is completely based on pictures, gestures, symbols, signs that are not uttered still express some meaning.
Under this broad category, we start with the topic “Blood Relation” that associates with “Family” the same as yours. Here for every relationship, we will denote symbols that help to clarify the concept. Let's have a look at the symbols we use to represent the different family relationships: In general, Males and Females are denoted as Male (M+) and Females (F-).
Husband and Wife Relationship:
Here we symbolize the relation with a double-headed arrow as:
- A is the husband of B
- P is male and spouse of Q
Brother and Sister Relationship:
Here we denote this brother-sister relationship with a single-headed arrow as:
- K is the sister of T
Parent and Child Relationship:
Here Parents relationship with children denotes with down headed arrow to represent the hierarchy as:
- C is the father of D
- T is the son of K
For All Respective persons like Grandmother and Grandfather:
Down single, the Headed arrow is used to define the relationship of Grands as:
- S is the father of T, P is the father of S and T is the son.
How To Solve The Given Problems:
- A and B are children of C, C is the mother of A but B is not the brother of A, what is B to C?
Break the question into different parts
- A and B are children of C
- C is the mother of A but B is not the brother of A
The Question Is, What Is B To C?
B is female has mother C implies B is the daughter of C.Hence B option is correct.,
- Amit is the brother of the son of kamal’s son. What is the relation between Amit and Kamal?
- Amit is the grandson of kamal
- Amit is the son of kamal
- Amit is the brother of Kamal
- Amit has no blood relation with Kamal
Break the problem
Amit is brother implies Amit+
Son of Kamal’s son
- Combining both the statements
From the diagram, it clearly is seen that relationships are of Grands. In given options, we have only the first option of Grandson, hence we go for A option “Amit is the grandson of kamal”.
- A is the father of C but C is not his son. E is the daughter of C. F is the spouse of A. B is the brother of C. D is the son of B.G is the spouse of B. H is the father of G.
Let's Break the problem
- A is the father of C but C is not his son
- E is the daughter of C.
- F is the spouse of A
- B is the brother of C
- D is the son of B
- G is the spouse of B
- H is the father of G.
Completing the diagram
Ques1: Who Is The Grandmother Of D?
It clearly indicates that F is the Grandmother of D. Hence option C is correct
Ques2: Who Is The Son Of F?
The diagram shows that B is the son of F. Hence A option is correct.
Maternal aunt/ Maternal uncle is from the side of mother relations
The paternal aunt/ Paternal uncle is from the side of Father relations.