All Medical Sectors and experts are putting their best efforts to find the cause and vaccination of Covid-19 or Corona. The Corona outbreak hit China first in the Wuhan area in the second week of December 2019. WHO (World health organization) has declared it as a global pandemic as the whole of China comes under the effect of this disease gradually. In China, as of March 19, a total of 81,218 Active corona cases is registered out of which 3,281 died and 73,650 are recovering.
Though the rate of deaths in China has paused or completely nil now meanwhile, its largely hits countries like Italy, Korea, Iran, and the United States. On average 700 deaths are registered in Italy daily. Now Corona enters India and its first case was registered on 30 January. Till now, the total number of cases in India reported 562, become a cause of Panic in the whole country. Here read about Corona Virus and what are the Symptoms of it:
What is Corona Virus (Covid -19)?
Corona virus is a type of infectious virus that can cause various illnesses. This newly Covid-19 virus outbreak basically impacts respiratory functions causing Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) or the Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS) in the human body. Its consequences are severe and a person with low immunity or those who already struggling with medical problems like diabetes, blood pressure, chronic respiratory disease, heart problems, cancer, etc. more likely to develop a serious infection.
From where Corona comes
Though the exact origin of Corona is undefined, it is believed to be circulated in animals first and then some of the corona viruses have the capability to transfer between Animals and Humans through seafood intake.
Symptoms of Corona Virus:
According to WHO, the person with Covid-19 positive shows symptoms in the incubation period of 14 days. Symptoms start with
- Difficulty in Breathing
- Nasal congestion
- Body Aches
- Sore Throat
- Taste Buds stop responding
How this Virus transmits in Humans:
- People with close contact- Handshaking or touching the virus infected person. This virus can enter through the nose, mouth or even eyes in the human body
- Through contaminated surfaces- The virus sits on the surface and can stay in the air for a minimum of 12 hours. Touching these surfaces like metal rods, door holders, elevator buttons, etc. cause this virus to come in.
Can a person showing mild symptoms infect others? WHO (World Health Organization) proposes that the risk of transmitting the mild symptoms from one to another person is less, but the recent study says if the person showing mild symptoms should quarantine himself as to avoid contact with others. Whereas CDC suggests staying away from a person having mild symptoms as it acts as a carrier to transmit the virus.
How to keep you safe? In the Incubation period, a person in the initial stage won’t recognize the symptoms, but gradually high fever, cough, cold and tiredness develop. In order to be safe follow
- Stay at home: Don’t try to go outside or if you find any person coughing or sneezing, maintain at least 2 feet distance.
- Clean your hands: Wash your hands after every half an hour or when you came in contact with more persons at a time.
- Use sanitizers: You can use Alcohol-based sanitizers that at least contains 50% of Alcohol in it.
- Wear Mask: In the market, there are a variety of masks available. The N95 mask is recommended to wear, but you can pick any mask to cover your nose and mouth.
- Don’t touch your face: This virus can easily transmit from exposed hands into the face, mouth or even eyes. So, wash your hands after small intervals to avoid being exposed.
Myths about Corona:
- Application of chlorine kills virus on your Body: Applying chlorine on your Body may harm your eyes or if it enters in mouth, it can cause different health issues. Chlorine is a disinfectant that can only clean infected surfaces.
- Child age varies 1 to 15 cannot catch corona: Whether it’s a child, teenager, or aged, everyone can catch corona. Most of the cases registered include adults and aged, but children can also become a victim due to less immunity
- Antibiotics work well in Corona: No Antibiotics kill the virus, it can only kill bacteria causing infection in your body. It can help to some extent, but it can’t work like a vaccination.
- Ginger protects against Corona Virus: Some people suggest taking garlic to slow down the symptoms of Coronavirus. However, there is no evidence that garlic can keep you safe against this pandemic.
- Washing with hot water or drinking hot water: Some people recommend drinking hot water to cure corona. Moreover, expert suggests taking hot water bath to kill the virus, but till now there is no such evidence found to make these statements factual.
- Hot and Humid temperature can lower down the risk of Corona: it's true that cold and cough mainly spread in cold weather, but it doesn’t mean that in hot and humid temperature, corona stop spreading.
Visit the Doctor for Checkup or Further tests: If you find any above-written symptoms, Contact your doctor right now. If you have exposed to any corona positive person, quarantine yourself right away to protect your family members. If you dealing with some medical issues do let your doctor know about its complete history so that the right medication procedure can be followed.